Privacy Statement and Policy
We collect personal information from our customers in the regular course of doing business. This page answers some of your most frequently asked questions, and lets you know exactly how we’re protecting the information you entrust to us.
What personal information do you collect about me?
We collect the following information about you: Remember that personal information is information about an identifiable person, so it includes much more than name and contact information. It also includes:
- telephone numbers and addresses
- customer financial information (including payment card and credit card numbers)
- purchase history and product preferences
- customer files and drawings
When you visit our web site, we also collect:
- information about your computer, including your IP address, the type of operating system and browser you use, and your computer’s location
- what pages you visit on our site and what links you click on
We will never give or sell your information to a third party unless required to do so by law!
How does Can West Legacy Inc. use this information?
The main reasons we collect personal information from you are:
- to complete a sale or transaction with you
- to verify your credit, if necessary
- to deliver products to you
- to limit the possibility of fraud when we process payments
We also use your personal information for other, secondary reasons, including:
- customer service
How does Can West Legacy Inc. get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit, place an order, arrange for a delivery, we assume you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask you for personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your consent or provide you with an opportunity to say no. Saying no is called opting out. By opting out, you can tell us not to collect the information.
How do I opt out?
Opting out is as easy as sending us an email, or giving us a quick call.
How do I get more information?
Our staff will be happy to answer any questions you may have about your personal information. If you would like more information about our policies, or you would like to see exactly what personal information we have about you in our records, or you wish to register a complaint, please contact:
- Privacy Officer
- Can West Legacy Inc
- Bay 34. 4216 – 54th Ave S.E T2C 2E3
- 403 252 1800
You can also contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada for assistance between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm, at:
Phone: (819) 994-5444
Fax: (819) 994-5424
TTY: (819) 994-6591
or by mail at:
30 Victoria Street
or on the Web at: